Friday, December 3, 2010

rainy day and poundcake.

Since it was my sister's last night home before she went back to the big apple, I decided it would be a good night to make my grandmother's poundcake. Turns out Ali hates poundcake. But at least it gives me something to eat for breakfast in the mornings. And it's the only recipe I have of my grandmother's, who was famous in little old Reidsville, NC for her home cooking. It's nice having my little sister home, because she's the quick-witted comic of the family, so she reminds us all to laugh a little more and not take everything quite so seriously. I miss her so very much when she's gone.

8 comments:

  1. Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Your blog is really beautiful, and reading this post reminded me so much of my family! First of all, poundcake is basically a traditional dish where I'm from and my family, too, has a bit of a crazy dynamic...to say the least. I will definitely be following you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so much! yours is lovely, as is your jewelry. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. i wonder who takes all these cute pictures of you in your outfits? who ever it is does a pretty good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. good job? i would use the adjective 'mediocre' instead. that being said, i do love the outfits and i do love kit kat's collar. she needs to wear that out to pantheon or art bar one night soon...

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love those tights, and the fact that your headband matches your kitty's collar is perfect! i haven't had a good poundcake in years, but man does that one look good.

    it's always good to have a comic in the family, especially when things can get a little difficult or tense.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you! i was thinking about posting the recipe and all the steps in making it (without an electric mixer, it's quite the chore), but i wasn't sure if it'd be worth it or not. so maybe i will the next time i make it!

    and yes, william, kit kat should definitely wear that to art bar. i think it would be more her scene than pantheon. she doesn't want to step on darcy's territory anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love your outfit and the fact that your headband matches kitty's collar! we're headed home for christmas and i'm super excited! your pound cake looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a cute blog and this post is adorable...cat glow stick collar is what!

    ReplyDelete